Monday, March 5, 2012

Book Review: iFeel



iFeel by Marissa Carmel
  • Paperback: 254 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace (August 11, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 146365961X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1463659615
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
One hunts to destroy her.
The other hunts to protect her. 

She desperately tries to find herself among the midst of emotional chaos.

What happens when an unknowing Empath meets a pixie who wears leather, a Snitch who is repulsive and a brethren of burning Angels who can literally light your soul on fire?

 A whole lot of emotional turmoil and one love story ignited. But love doesn’t come easy to this reluctant Empath, according to her, falling in love would be like pointing the Patriot Missile right at her head. But when she meets Justinian, a fiery Seraph who adopts the task of protecting her life the one terrifying emotion she is running away from suddenly becomes the most empowering in her life.

First, I’d like to give applause to the cover of iFeel. It easily piqued my interest and it truly resembles what the book is all about. Great cover!

Unlike the other reviewers, I received my copy with little or no error almost, so I have nothing against the grammar thing.

Ifeel is a rather fast-read I think, I didn’t realize I was at the end of the book, until I felt that there’s only 5 or more pages left..lol- finished this in one sitting…

Ms. Carmel is a talented author who’s writing made ifeel a suspenseful book. Her writing style kept me turning the pages and see what surprises awaits me.:) I also like her sense of humor, there are a lot of times, I laugh out loud and there are also those I cried with the characters. The storyline, plot, descriptions and the emotional conflicts are all interesting and engaging.

I love how the romance developed and its limitations- a love story that’s too perfect is boring:D.
I also love the titles of the chapters; it made me curious as to what it contains. I love the varied characters, and the addition of vampires, spirit stalkers, seraphs, empaths and other supernatural beings the author hasn’t yet presented us and yet it doesn’t make the story complicated.

I think the only negative I could say, is that there are times when the chapter could be omitted, like it doesn’t necessarily need to be a chapter or it lacks action that would really grip the reader’s attention or it is sometimes too short and another thing is up until now, I don’t know how to pronounce Liv, :D- just a small thing actually.

Without the synopsis, I couldn’t figure out what Justinian’s family really is. The author make it vague, by letting Justinian said, that he could be an angel, devil, soldier or protector. This is a bad thing, since I’m frustrated to know what they really are and a good thing, since it keep me reading all the way, just to know, and would surely make me want to read the next book.:)

All in all, iFeel is a world the author created which is very engrossing. It’s still another YA book, but with a lot of twist. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series and find out more about this Vis Vires Trilogy.

True to its title- iFeel- this made me feel the depth of this book. If you’re looking for a new read but still in line with paranormal ones, then grab this one!



View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting I haven't heard of it before but I'll definately be checking it out, great review, new follower

    www,headstuckinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just recently published as print book- the ebook didn't did so well, because of typo errors, but like I said, the print ones doesn't have annoying errors..:D

      Thanks for stopping by..:)

      Delete
  2. I also love the cover. It is very eye catching. There are words in the synopsis that I can't understand which makes me curious as to what this book is about. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com