Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Lost Mage


The Lost Mage
The Lost Mage by Amy Difar

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
  • Paperback: 316 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace (July 29, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 146371551X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1463715519

When Darakin, an elemental mage of the Kwagl realm, is accidentally summoned to a strange world full of unknown technology, he finds himself overwhelmed and, worst of all; his elemental summoning magic won’t work here. After reciting a translation spell, Darakin meets Mrowley, the cat. Armed only with Mrowley’s company and limited knowledge of the human world, Darakin sets off to find work and to search for a way home. His strange accent lands him a job as a bouncer in a pub that employs illegal aliens. There he meets the beautiful Nora. As he falls in love with Nora, he learns that he wasn’t the only creature summoned from his realm. Time is of the essence as he searches for a way to kill a dangerous, seemingly invincible demon without the use of his precious elemental magic.




It’s easy to imagine a magic-wielder in a magic-tap world…but a magic-wielder in a modern city where no magic (just for this review..:) ) existed….that’s crazy..

I found this book a light and easy read… making me laugh most of the time… and of course there was a time when I got teary-eyed that’s at the end part of the book when I thought he was gonna choose to do the thing I hate him to do other than be with Nora..:)…(I sound so complicated but you could understand this if you read the book)

This book is full of humor…. I have never read one like this which I think the comedy is natural… I laugh good-heartedly especially when it comes to Mrowley..I adored him a lot…never thought cats could be so cute yet extremely annoying…

And not just humor,…this book also has lots of little magic, demons, romance and even nymphs…

It was fun reading from the perspective of a third-world mage what our modern world looks like.. I appreciate the subtle warning and viewpoint of the author concerning the harmful effects modernization could bring and how it could damage nature… It’s also a cute thing seeing Darakin try out modern things he hadn’t know what to do with.

Ms. Difar’s book didn’t have to transform me into another world just to enjoy it…it was definitely enjoying even if the scenes take place at our familiar world..It was the total package of the book from the characters, the plot, the ending, the magic..everything that makes you want to grab it and settle for a good read…:)

Definitely worth recommending!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com