Friday, December 9, 2011

Halo

Three angels are sent down to bring good to the world: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. But she is the most human, and when she is romantically drawn to a mortal boy, the angels fear she will not be strong enough to save anyone—especially herself—from the Dark Forces. 


  • Author: Alexandra Adornetto
  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 642 KB
  • Print Length: 496 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0312656262
  • Publisher: Feiwel & Friends; Reprint edition (August 31, 2010)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B003R0LBQW
  • Average Customer Review: 3.2 out of 5 stars

Is love a great enough power against evil?

I love everything about angels….



But what makes this book outstanding is the heroine is an angel trying to fit with humans…and she’s a she….(Who run the world?..GIRLS…:D)



Adornetto’s book is a hit since it depicts teen dramas and teen love… starting from friendships, family-bond, girl dramas and insecurities…and love life…And a great plus because of the issue of good and evil or heaven and hell…



I love how the romance of Xavier and Bethany blossoms into romance…and how these angels tried to balance goodness here in the earth…as they tried to expel the forces of evil. I also notice that the book is complete with twist…from one problem to another…from one issue to another…. The evil Prince coming is an exact timing,..it didn’t conflict with some scenes…it’s just as if it’s meant his arrival in their lives…:0



Although I have read first hades, it’s second book…it didn’t lessen the suspense or the feeling of not knowing what will happen next… there are still some things I can’t just point my finger to!



****Spoiler****



The most wonderful part of this book is when Bethany revealed her true self to Xavier---as she keeps in mind that if there is love then there’s no fear… I especially like the author’s taste when Adornetto choose to reveal Beth’s celestial nature by letting her jump the cliff.. I bet that would look great when done in a movie….:)



The most touching one..where I almost cried and I felt anger to Xavier…is when he ignores Bethany after the prom..he didn’t even listen to her explanations… he was so fickle in that sense…thinking that that kiss is genuine and that Beth would really choose The Dark Prince over him… Good job to the author!....I’m really carried away..as you can read what I’m writing…:)



****spoiler****

We must remember though that this book carried a deeper meaning…that darkness succumbed in this world and that the children of God..should do all their best to do good and spread it to the rest of the world…


Recommended to all YA’s out there…and those who love angels or a piece of romance…:)


2 comments:

  1. Good gravy, the amount of mixed reviews this book, this whole series, has gotten. I must admit that I have tried to read the book, and I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters. I hate it when that happens, but sometimes it does. I have been thinking lately that I should try again, because I have heard several people that I trust say that it really is good. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an angel-book fan and I think most books I've read so far about them were good. I've read mixed review about this and I'm thinking twice if I should read it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com